Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Time flies!

Until this year I have only ever really noticed the passing of time at new years. To be honest until now its never really bothered me either but then I went and had a baby and everything changed! Now time dictates every aspect of my life and I am now fully aware that every single minute is precious. My son arrived at 04.21 on 27/04/09 and I will never forget the first time I held him in my arms for as long I live. When those little blue eyes looked into mine, suddenly nothing else in the world mattered. Time literally stood still. Fast forward 10 months and oh my, what an incredible journey.
When I was pregnant time dragged. It really was the longest 9 months and every day seemed longer and longer. Strangers kept approaching me, telling me "enjoy it love, time flies". Even when he was minutes old the midwifes were talking about first words, first steps etc all which seemed a million miles away. Everyday since then has flown. In 10 weeks my baby will have his 1st birthday and I am still trying to work out where the time has gone. I look back at photographs and wander, how did a teeny tiny person who could do nothing except cry turn into a cheeky,happy beautiful little boy? It has happened literally overnight.
In the last year I too have changed dramatically. I've learnt a lot about myself and have discovered new traits I never knew I had. I now truly appreciate every single moment. My life now has a purpose and no matter how bad my day is one smile from the little guy and I feel like the luckiest person in the world! Life is no longer about materialistic things, its about spending time with the two most important people in my life and if my house burned down tomorrow I wouldn't care. Our little family can conquer anything!
So for all of those people who have, or are thinking of having children and even for those who don't enjoy every day no matter what because time really does fly and you cannot get it back. Life is really too short so live for every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment