Thursday, 4 February 2010

Yummy Mummies

So as per usual i drag myself out of bed and look at the unsightly reflection in the mirror. The person staring back at me is unrecognisable. This girl looks drained. Pale,flaky skin with dark circles under the eyes. In other words a shadow of my former self. But is that not what happens when you enter the world of mother hood? So how do you become a Yummy Mummy and what do you have to do to deserve the title? Does it mean punishing gym sessions, restricting diets, perfectly manicured nails and perfect straight hair or is it just simply being happy in your own skin and being proud that you have a little bundle of joy that will bring more love and happiness than you ever thought possible.I like to think its the latter so im awarding myself with the title and to all the other mummies out there who feel they have lost their "image". I urge you to embrace the new look and be proud of who you are. After all beauty is only skin deep....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a young whipper-snapper so you're not into yummy mummy territory yet by my definition.

    Glad to have you blogging now though, and yu' better keep it up. I don't want to see this is a a one post wonder.

    x

    ReplyDelete