Monday, 13 September 2010

I Read this and thought of you

I stumbled across this today and thought of my friend Chris Roos

An extract from "The Twits" By Roald Dahl

Page 1 Chapter 1 Hairy Faces

What a lot of hairy faced men there are around nowadays. When a man grows hair all over his face it is impossible to tell what he really looks like. Perhaps that is why he does it. He would rather you didnt know. Then theres the problem of washing. When the very hairy ones wash their faces, it must be as big a job as when you and I was the hair on our heads. So what I want to know is this. How often do all these hairy faced men wash their faces? Is it only once a week, like us, on sunday nights? And do they shampoo it? Do they use a hair dryer? Do they rub hair tonic in to stop their faces from going bald? Do they go to a barber to have their hairy faces cut and trimmed? Or do they do it themselves in front of the bathroom mirror with nail scissors? I dont know. But next time you see a man with a hairy face (which will probably be as soon as you step out onto the street) maybe you will look at him more closely and start wandering about some of these things.

This made me chuckle

No comments:

Post a Comment